HCG Diet – Calorie Counter

by David Wallace on October 17, 2008 · 5,612 comments

Here is a breakdown of the approximate calories of each food allowed during the HCG diet. As a refresher, HCG, short for Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin is a hormone found in pregnant women that when taken allows a person to survive on a low calorie diet (500 calories a day) and in which case they are able to lose on average about a pound or two a day, all while maintaining a healthy physique and not experiencing the usual hunger pains that accompany many diets. Read “How I Lost 40 Pounds in 40 Days” for more information on this astounding diet.

Need HCG? Click here to buy quality HCG and HCG Diet Supplies

The actual food consumption consists of lunch and dinner (no breakfast) and the following items per meal:

• 3.5 ounces of selected lean meats (see below)
  • 3.5 ounces of selected vegetables (see below)
  • 1 Grissini Breadstick or Melba Toast
  • Selected fruit (see below)

You are encouraged to drink lots of water (I averaged over 100 ounces a day) and you can drink all the coffee and tea you want as well as moderate levels of 0 calorie diet sodas.

And now for the calorie count of allowable foods.

Fish (avg 98 calories)

• Cod (3.5 oz) – 83 calories
  • Crab Meat (3.5 oz) – 100 calories
  • Flounder (3.5 oz) – 90 calories
  • Haddock (3.5 oz) – 88 calories
  • Halibut (3.5 oz) – 110 calories
  • Lobster (3.5 oz) – 98 calories
  • Red Snapper (3.5 oz) – 110 calories
  • Shrimp (3.5 oz) – 110 calories
  • Tilapia (3.5 oz) – 94 calories

Additional white fish are listed at the bottom of the page.

Very Lean Beef (avg 152 calories)

• 93/7 Lean Ground Beef (3.5 oz) – 150 calories
  • Cube Steak (3.5 oz) – 160 calories
  • Sirloin Tip Side Steaks (3.5 oz) – 130 calories
  • Top Round Steak (3.5 oz) – 166 calories
  • Tri-Tip Steak (3.5 oz) – 154 calories

Chicken

• Chicken Breast (3.5 oz) – 87 calories

Veal (avg 114 calories)

• Veal, sirloin (3.5 oz) – 110 calories
  • Veal, loin chop (3.5 oz) – 117 calories

Vegetables (avg 18.8 cal)

• Asparagus (3.5 oz) – 20 calories

• Sea Bass
  • Sea Bream
  • Shark
  • Skate
  • Tilapia Turbot
  • Whiting

Keep in mind that all the above calorie counts on meats and vegetables do not include any sauces, salad dressing or butter. You are in fact encouraged not to us sauces such as barbecue sauce, A-1 Steak Sauce, etc., on meats nor any salad dressings on salads or butter on vegetables.

One trick I learned in phase two of my diet is that I could use Louisiana Hot Sauce on chicken as it has zero calories. That has helped immensely and because it is spicy, you feel fuller. I also use Balsamic Vinegar on Spinach salads which is quite tasty.

Need HCG? Click here to buy quality HCG and HCG Diet Supplies

{ 5612 comments }

David Wallace January 26, 2011 at 3:50 pm

For some strange reason, the “Comment” function on this post keeps breaking when it gets close to 6,000 comments. I’ve had to go in several times now and delete older comments in order to get the “Comment” function to work again.

Therefore to keep from deleting older comments as well as having to go back in fix this when it breaks. I’m going to close comments here and invite you to comment at http://www.davidwallace.com/2008/08/how-i-lost-40-pounds-in-40-days-the-hcg-diet/ where it seems everyone has shifted over to any way.

I do plan on building a firm one day at http://www.hcgtalk.com but just haven’t had time to complete it yet. Thanks for your understanding the the community everyone has created here by commenting!

barb January 6, 2011 at 10:26 am

wow, so sorry you are discouraged…maybe what you are taking isn’t strong enough… not sure what pellets are. Fruit, I have always found that I lose better if I only do one or none of fruit. also, drink plenty of fluids…are you retaining fluids? skip the grissini….I do much better without it. eat your biggest meal earlier in the day….always weight yourself in the am before showering or doing anything.

hope these tips help you in some small way….this is what works for me….. oh, try and apple or steak day. check protocol, make sure you are following exactly, no extra anything, there really isn’t any reason that you should NOT be losing, perhaps it’s medical. good luck, I would feel disappointed too.

Linda January 6, 2011 at 5:09 am

I started 1/1/11 and lost my weight gain from the load but nothing else!!! I have not cheated and am very strict about weighing my food. I am doing the pellets 2x/day. Can someone give me a clue why this might be. This is my first time…I am starting day 4 of the VLCD. I am getting quite discouraged right now!

sherrie January 1, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Kathleen, don’t know what to tell you, I never did the grissini breadsticks, but did do the melba rounds. I honestly think that’s what slowed me down on my weight loss, and I found I didn’t really need them in my opinion

sherrie January 1, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Deb, you said you’re not sorry about her hair loss?? I think you meant to say sorry about your hair loss. :)
Anyway, I just recently started losing my hair, even finding it on my pillow case. Now, I have always had thick hair and naturally wavy. Well, back in July, I decided to get a perm(not a good thing with natural waves/curls) and then the next week had it taken out. Also had my hair colored and highlighted. That again was in July and its been in the last maybe 6 weeks that this has happened. While I was on it the homeopathic drops, I never had a problem and I’ve been off the drops since June, so something isn’t adding up. I don’t have health ins. so I can’t just go to a dermatologist, but someone that is losing hair that does have ins. go to the dermatologist, see what you can find out, then let the rest of us know. To me, there is nothing in those drops to cause hair loss, but I do know also if you’re not getting the right foods, you can lose hair. I guess I need to be doing more research

Tina January 1, 2011 at 10:04 am

Hi Sherrie,
Happy New Year! I was going to start the drops again today, but I am doing the oxy powder cleanse and am on day 3. Can I start the drops today or should I wait?

Thanks,
Tina

kathleen taylor January 1, 2011 at 8:16 am

Question -please advise, I’m just starting the program and I’m confused about the grissini breadsticks. I ordered a case but then later found on the internet that there are several varieties. I have the “traditional” ones and there is some olive oil in them- should I return these and order the plain ones or doesnt it matter.
kathleen

Deb H. December 31, 2010 at 12:37 pm

I’m not sorry about your hair loss…but am glad that somebody has finally replied to my problem!!! My hairdresser thinks it has to do with hormones….but I have read this is a side effect to HCG. Mine isn’t as bad as it was…but I have started taking vitamins for “Hair, Skin and Nails”….maybe that would be helpful for you, also. I got mine at Wal-Mart…very inexpensive!

Michelle December 31, 2010 at 12:25 pm

I too have noticed hair loss. I started the diet at the end of September and have now lost over 60 pounds . Within the last two weeks have really noticed the hair loss. I have read on the internet that extreme weight loss can cause physical stress and can cause hair loss. I am really happy with the weight loss as HCG really works, but not at the cost of my hair. If you know how to fix this please let us know.

sue December 30, 2010 at 4:55 pm

The person I bought my first injections never said to take 1 day off a week and he knew we were doing 40 day rounds (thats not to cool.) I did get my stuff from a different source this time and was told to take 1 day off a week. Since I’m not going through a doctor I’m relying on this website for a lot of my information!! We only took a 3 week break like I said before and I’m really wanting to get this right for my daughter;s sake. I’m sticking to the P3 diet since I achieved my lose weight goal with first round of P2 so I’m just being a cheerleader for my daughter right now and would hate to steer her in the wrong direction.

sue December 30, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Schatzi:

I think you might be right but someone else said they took a 2.5 wk break and went stright back to another round of P2. I wonder if because she did drops and we did injections that that is the difference???? Now I’m a little worried. She had a great weight drop an the 3rd day after her gorge days but since than it has been an issue……

sam December 29, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Sue,

do you still have the website that you ordered the shots thru? did you have to do the mixing when they came in and how long did it take toget them. I too am a little scared of injecting something from out of country but not sure that it would be any different than putting something in my mouth would be much different even from the states, this is why I would like to hear from others that actually ordered there own.

Previous post: